Thursday, July 28, 2011

Please Excuse the Mess, My Kids are Making Memories

A very special friend reminded me of this saying, which is on a sign in her house, while I complained about the overflowing toys, dishes, & clothes that are consuming my house.

Sometimes we could all use a little bit of this mentality.  As I prepare to take my kids to Disney this weekend, I need to really step back and focus on the memories.  I can become so consumed in day to day tasks that I don't take the time I should to really imprint these wonderful moments like I should.  If I forget to pack something, or if I leave and the beds aren't made, or if there is still mail to file, it will all be here when we get back, and we will survive.

They are growing too fast, and in a few years when they are in school, there will be time for all the cleaning and organizing I could ever want.  For now, I need to make a promise to them that I will slow down, try to ignore the little things that can wait an extra hour (or day!), and enjoy every minute with my sweet babies.

Because, really, could they be any more precious??

2 comments:

  1. These kids are too precious! Your right though...we all sometimes get caught up in planning and prepping and cleaning, etc. however we don't stop and enjoy the present. Whether we have kids or not we should enjoy the loved ones around us and take in the memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such a mess in my living room. Toy cars and blocks are everywhere. Thank you for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete