Monday, August 8, 2011

One Super Expensive Shopping Trip

Going to Walt Disney World is like going to one really expensive store.  Every where you look there is a gift shop - each grander than the next. 

Almost every ride empties into a gift shop.  Every attraction has a gift shop attached.  The hotels have gift shops.  (Yes, shops).  And, if you don't feel like taking a break in an air conditioned shop, you can stop and buy something at one of the multiple outdoor vendors that you are likely to trip over if you aren't looking where you're going.

Here's the thing...I like the shops.  They might be my favorite part of Disney.

Evidence - this isn't even half of my kids loot...





 Yes, you read that right.  Not. Even. Half.

It helped them that their grandparents were along for the trip and really can't resist their cute little faces like I can.  But, seriously, I am just as bad in Disney.  Why not spend $75 on a cute little outfit like this...



Or $85 for an awesome pirate getup, complete with makeup and tattoo...



Or maybe these $25 Mickey Ears make you happy...






Heck, they make me happy!

So, what was my favorite part of Disney?  Clearly, spending more money on stuff that we do not need because my children have been to Disney more times than years they are old and they could practically stock the gift shops from their playroom.  But, hey, we were making memories.

My name is Nancy, and I'm a shopaholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment