Tuesday, March 27, 2012

An Amazing New Toy for the Whole Family {Review & Giveaway}

My kids are (almost) 2 and 4 years old.  Even though that isn't a huge age difference, it can sometimes feel like it is.  When we have "family time" on the weekend, it can quickly become a game of divide and conquer - my husband and I taking turns playing with the kids separately.  My son often wants to play games on the computer or video games that are too advanced for my daughter, so we end up running errands together or playing dress up.

I am absolutely for one-on-one time with my kids, but I frequently find myself wishing that there was something that the 4 of us could do together on a Sunday afternoon, besides watching a movie, when it's cold outside and we want to stay in.

When I received an email from ThinkFun, asking if I would like to review their new toddler toy, Roll and Play, I was excited, but certainly did not think that it would be a whole family kind of game.  I was WRONG!  Roll and Play is a ton of fun for both my kids, and my husband and I really enjoyed it too!  By the end we were all laughing, goofing around, and genuinely enjoying our time together.  The game, which is designed with toddlers in mind, includes a large, plush, color die, and color coded game cards.  Each player takes turns rolling the die and choosing a corresponding card.  The cards have small actions that the player then needs to complete, such as "moo like a cow", "jump 3 times" or "make a happy face".  Your child will learn about colors, numbers, emotions, and more while playing this game!  (The six categories of cards are emotions, body parts, colors, counting, animal sounds, & actions.)

My four year old is a huge fan of Roll and Play and has asked to play at least once a day since we received it.  I have even caught him pulling the cards himself and trying to get his sister to play with him.  It makes me so happy that we now have a fun, interactive, learning game for the whole family to play together.  The cards can be neatly stored in a velcro pouch on the color cube, or can be taken out for fun on the go.  Most of these cards have actions that can be completed in the car, at a restaurant, on a plane, or while waiting at the doctor's office.  You can keep your kids occupied at home and out and about while teaching them some really important skills - what a great alternative to sticking them in front of your smart phone!!

Check out this video on how to play.



We have had a blast playing this game, and I'm sure we will continue to!  If you want to have some fun, educational bonding time with your toddler, check out the ThinkFun's Roll and Play.  Even better - enter to win one, right here!

You can enter below!  This contest will end Monday, March 2nd, at 11:59 pm EST.  Good luck and happy entering!!  (Please note, you MUST be a public follower, or become a public follower, of Stuff Mom Loves to be eligible to win.  This contest is open to US residents ages 18 and over.)

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Disclosure:  ThinkFun provided me with this game to test and review.  All opinions expressed in this post are my own. I was not compensated in any other way.



2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome, Nancy!! I bet Addie and Blake would both like playing this. I may have to pick one up :-)

    ReplyDelete