Monday, March 12, 2012

Packing!






So this weekend began my countdown until we are on the beach!  6 more sleeps 'til I get to rest my head in a big, cozy, king sized hotel bed and listen to the ocean outside my window because, yes, I will be able to sleep with the windows open! Wahoo!


My weekend consisted of stocking up on toiletries, snacks, little presents for the kids for the airplane ride, and of course, LAUNDRY.

This morning I have already put 2 loads of laundry away, and I have a load in the dryer and a load in the washer, but honestly, we have traveled so much now, that I have  a pretty great system down.  As a matter of fact, this trip, we are all using carry on bags so that we don't have to pay the astronomical checked bag fees.  (We are flying internationally, so they are much higher than usual.)

I thought I'd give you just a little idea of how I make my packing a little more organized, and hopefully you will find it helpful. Since my project last night was getting things ready for my diaper bag, I thought I'd start there. I use quart sized ziploc bags for almost everything in my diaper bag. This makes it super easy to find everything, and to take out all of my liquids when we go through security. Here are the categories that I break our supplies into...


  • First Aid:  bandaids, neosporin, infant/children's tylenol, advil, disinfecting wipes, sunscreen, aloe, etc.
  • Electronics:  extra batteries for the kids toys, phone chargers, ipad charger, camera charger, outlet adapter, etc.
  • Snacks (Dry): fruit snacks, granola bars, ritz crackers, cookies, gum ,mints
  • Snacks (Liquid):  ella's pouches, a juice box each, and a water bottle each (this is usually not a problem if you go through the "family" security line
  • Wipes:  bottom wipes, hand wipes, table wipes, boogie wipes, shout wipes, and so on.  I carry a lot of wipes!
I know I am forgetting something, but I just heard the laundry go off, and my kids are asking for lunch.  Stay tuned, if I am motivated enough, I'll get back to this ;)

Happy Monday, y'all!!



No comments:

Post a Comment