Although I'm not quite ready for the holidays, there is no denying that they are coming - and quickly! So I've begun to create a list of things I want to get for Christmas this year. Obviously, I'm not talking about MY wish list - I am talking about the things that I will need for the house, and to put under the tree for my kiddies. That being said, project number one is... A Christmas Tree!
Pre-children, the hubs and I had a fake tree. I'll admit, it wasn't all that pretty to begin with, but now, 10 years later, it's pretty awful. Last year, I finally convinced my husband that the kids should have the experience of a real tree, but with two toddlers, a puppy and a cat, we settled for a teeny tiny tree that we ended up planting in our yard in the Spring. This year, we've added another puppy to the mix, so a fake it is! Thankfully, I now know that there are tons of options for Christmas trees that won't make Santa cringe! For example, this beautiful Lincoln Pine. This beauty wouldn't even look bad pre-lit! It is full, looks soft and plush, and the green doesn't look like it came from a box of crazy crayons. Natural is the look I am going for!
So, what's going under the tree, you ask? Well, P has asked for the usually boy paraphernalia like Nerf guns, LEGO games, and Wii games and games for his Nintendo DS. If it has a superhero on it, then it's even better. I expect to find something along the lines of this under our tree on Christmas morning...
As for Bean, well she is a little more difficult, but I have a feeling she will be aching to play with her brother's toys, no matter what we get her! (Little sister syndrome...) ;)
Hubs - well, he has a big (29 + 1 kind-of big) birthday coming up, just days after xmas, so who knows...maybe he will find a nice, big, scratch free LED TV under there... well, he can hope at least! ;)
What's on your list?? Are you going big or small this year? Real or fake?? (Tree that is!)




No comments:
Post a Comment