Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Snood

Okay, if the title of this post got you thinking, what the hey is a snood??, then you are not alone.  I had no idea what it was either, until the coveted holiday J. Crew catalogue appeared in my mailbox, and I discovered that this so called Snood was made of cashmere and designed to warm your head and neck in the cold winter months.


Cashmere snood

Think scarf + hood = snood.

I instantly thought that if I didn't get my hands on one of these, there was going to be heck to pay...and then I saw the price tag.  $150.  Hubs was not cool with me buying a snood for $150.  Plus, he had already finished my Christmas shopping.  (Seriously, this is the first time he finished before Christmas Eve...this was our 9th Christmas together...figures.)

So we compromised...perhaps it would make a good birthday present.  (My birthday is in a few weeks.)  So this morning, I headed over to JCrew.com only to find that my beloved snood is sold out, and all that is left is this much more affordable, wool/nylon/acrylic version.  Cute?  Yes.  What I wanted?  No.  Will I buy it?  Probably.

Hearthstone snood
Sigh.  I had imagined snuggling up with that snood every day this winter...wearing it on the cold March morning while we boarded the plane to Aruba. 

(It's actually quite hilarious how my life looks in my head.  This might have occurred pre-children, but now, I'll probably be boarding that plane in sweats, with my hair in a pony tail, without make-up, dragging at least one screaming child.  Ha!  And it will all be worth it for the family memories we will make. ;) ) 

Anyhoo - now the search is on for a cashmere snood. 

Or even better, maybe I can find a super talented friend who can make me teach me how to make one...you know who you are Jen.... :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering the question, snood. I've watched White Christmas every year since I was a child. Never took the time to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breanne got one for Christmas and she wears it all the time. I think Mike got it for her so text her to see where he got it from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.stitchdiva.com/knit-crochet-patterns/infinity-snoods

    I prefer the red one...
    Pattern$7
    Cashmere yarn $50 (5% cashmere) - hundreds (100%cashmere)

    You can do this because you know how to knit. A little tricky but shouldn't be too bad.

    ReplyDelete