Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Crave Sleep like I Used to Crave Chocolate

Oh, who am I kidding?!  I obviously still crave chocolate too, but I really miss sleeping through the night!

I don't know what it is about my children, but while they can sleep *oh so* soundly in places like this...

(Their stroller at the reception of my besties wedding - DJ blaring and all)



(Outside in the snow while her brother played - don't worry we were outside for less time than it took me to bundle everyone up...)

My children cannot figure out how to sleep in their own rooms, in their own beds, for an entire night.  And I just don't know why.  I have tried sound machines, and toys that attached to the crib, and leaving my shirt in their room with them.  We have picked out special bedding, and gotten every last requested drink, snack, book, etc. but they just won't do it.  So, I am desperate.  A friend of mine recently told me about these stuffed animals that can be warmed up for your babies to sleep with called Cozy Plushes.  I checked out the website and here is what I found out from one of the company's reps.

A cozy plush = a good nights' sleep because...
1. The warmth makes the bed an inviting place to be.
2. The lavender aroma is proven to soothe and relax, allowing the child to gently drift off to sleep.
3. In the night the child has a warm companion (the Cozy Plush will maintain the same temperature as the bed).
4. When the child rolls over they will roll into a warm and relatively heavy companion that almost feels like a parent is there, reassuring the child and allowing them to sleep longer and with a sense of well being.

So, two of these cuddly friends are on their way to my house.  I am hoping that by the weekend I will be the proud parent of two children who SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT!  I will keep you updated...in the meantime, check out these precious designs...(oh - they are sold on amazon as well, and in a few of my local stores...no need to order them straight from the UK if you don't want to.)
Woolly the Sheep 10"
Ladybug 10"





No comments:

Post a Comment