Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Crazies Have Begun!!

Oh my goodness!  It is that time of year when parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. all begin going CRAZY trying to find the perfect gifts for their loved ones.  I am guilty of it too.  I want my kids' faces to light up when they see that Santa really listened all year long and (hopefully!) got them their most requested toys!

The problems begin when there are millions of people who all want the SAME toy for their kids!  I will never understand it, but for some reason, the toy companies just don't produce enough of the "it" toys, and thus begin full blown wars over the few products that can be found.

This year, it appears that this little beauty is the toy causing people to push, punch, or pepper spray each other in the Walmart parking lot.


LeapFrog-LeapPad-2


My kids are both getting these for xmas.  I bought my son's green one in August, and then in October, decided that my daughter needed one too, and was easily able to score a pink one.  Now, however, their $99.99 price tag has rocketed to more than double the price by people on ebay trying to make money on a little kid's wish list.  (Ugh!)

So, anyway, I have found a few tricks that should help you get a leappad if you so desire...I was able to help some friends and family with these websites.

Wiialerts.com is the site that I have personally had the most success with. 

Home page

If you leave this page open on your computer, it will actually ding and open up the site in your browser when the product you are looking for is in stock.  I have noticed that Amazon gets these leappads listed at least 2-3 times a day, and this is where I scored 2 this week.  Keeping the website up is the most important part of this.  Amazon does get the supply, but it literally sells out in minutes.  Usually 1 -2 minutes.  (Craziness!)


Another site that is very similar, and also works well is zoolert.com. 


zooLert.com - Hot and New Toys - We Hunt, You Gather


Zoolert, (as well as Wiialerts) will email you or text you when the item you are looking for comes back in stock.  My daughter is (thankfully!) too young for these Lalaloopsy Dolls (which I keep thinking are called Lalapaloosy - sounds better, right? lol), but apparently these are a hot item too.  Wiialerts and Zoolert have you covered here as well.



Personally, I would pick online shopping over the malls any time of the year, but especially during the holidays.  If you are having trouble finding a certain something, check these sites out. 

FYI - I have absolutely nothing to gain from sharing these sites with you, except that maybe it will make your holidays a little bit easier.  I thought that sharing them might help some of you out, so I went with it.  :)  Hope you find them useful!!  

1 comment:

  1. People are going nuts for the LeapPad!! And I actually scored the Lalaloopsy silly hair doll for Addie in September. I have seen that she's been out of stock lately so I am glad I snagged it when i did! These sites you linked too seem awesome! Ill have to keep them in mind :-)

    ReplyDelete