Monday, December 26, 2011

How did I not know this?!

I love to read other peoples' blogs, and often come across some great ones just by jumping around the links on the blogs I usually check.  Tonight I started on House of Rose (a favorite of mine) and found this amazing tutorial on how to make your own typography art by Tonya at Love Of Family and Home.


Pallet Art


Of course, I  quickly clicked over to Tonya's blog (after I sent an email to my BFF asking her to pretty please help me make these for my kids :)  And by the way Chris, we need to make this sign too!) ) and checked out all of her craftiness.

While I was thinking about how pretty her blog design was, and how much I have been wanting to update my blog, I came across this...




 
Soooooo, I headed over to Courtney's blog, Not So Homemade

Anyway, this is all leading to the point that while I was browsing around Courtney's blog, I came across a post she wrote about swaddling babies.
I have two kids.  I have done the swaddling thing.  I have had many nurses show me how to swaddle my babies, and have done it countless times, but I could never get it as snug as the wonderful maternity ward nurses.

And now I know why. 

Check out this step... 




Apparently I should have been tucking my little ones' hands under the fold of the blanket.  How did I not know this?!  I feel like I have been cheated out of many hours of sleep!  My kids ALWAYS got their little hands out of the blanket, therefore waking themselves, and me!  I want a do over!  Watch out honey...you thought I wanted number 3 before...now I feel like I DESERVE a chance to have  a baby who is properly swaddled and SLEEPS!  Just joking honey, I promise.  Sort of. ;) )

So, if you are anything like me, and had NO IDEA about this very important component of swaddling, go check out Courtney's full post over here.  She is a NICU nurse.  She knows.

Have you had any of these "huh?" moments, or is just me who has a severe case of mommy brain?!  I could probably write a whole blog with the title of this post.  :/  Oy.

 


3 comments:

  1. I did not know this either! However, neither of my girls liked to be swaddled. We'll see what Will thinks of this in a few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend...I only knew this step because the nurse at our hospital showed it to us! I guess it is an inside secret :-) But guess what...I still never did it as well as they did and my kids still busted out of the swaddle. Boo! Maybe I could have used a tutorial when I was not hopped up on pain meds. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the arm under the fold doesn't work...my kid busted out of the swaddle any chance she got.

    ReplyDelete