Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Little More Bloom

I admit it.  I'm addicted.

Ever since seeing the Bloom Zen, I have been stalking the Bloom website designing and redesigning my next child's nursery.  (And, NO, I'm not announcing anything!  Just planning ahead...far ahead...or maybe for my future nieces and nephews. ;))

So, here's the thing.  I feel like when people think of a nursery, they think pink bunnies and blue ruffles, and lots of "sugar and spice".  Don't get me wrong - that's fine, but it just doesn't fit everyones home decor or style, so why is it that there aren't more sleek, modern companies that provide functional, FASHIONABLE, nursery gear???

Well, Bloom does.  And Bloom is going to be a big part of the next nursery I design...whether it be in my house or not.  Here's what I'd include...

Without a doubt, the Bloom Alma Papa Crib would be a part of the room.  I love the look of the cappuccino wood, but might go with the frost gray or white for a little girl.  I am crazy about smokey lavenders and the frost gray would be amazing with a lavender bedding.

I like this crib because it definitely makes a statement, but it's design is also clean and sophisticated.  Not to mention it folds when it's not in use!  GENIUS!  I can't tell you how many times we have had to move our kids furniture around when we've had a lot of overnight company.  A crib that can fold and wheel into a corner would be so great for times like that!  You can also convert this crib into a toddler or daybed which means your child can use it for many years, and afterwards, it would still be a usable and beautiful piece of furniture.


Of course, I would need the Alma dresser as well.  Besides it's obvious visual appeal, this dresser is made of solid wood, and features slow closing drawers.  (If you have toddlers you know that this is a finger and furniture saver!)

And then, last, but certainly not least, the Coco.  This single piece of wood serves as a rocker, lounger, and seat for your little one, without clashing with your living room/nursery/bedroom/etc decor.


The Coco comes in many different combinations of wood and seat pads, but I really love the cappuccino with the harvest orange.  It seems appropriate for boy or girl, winter or summer, and is neutral enough to fit into any room.  I feel like this could easily become an heirloom piece because of it's solid construction and classic feel.

Modern and classic seem like they shouldn't be able to go together, but Bloom as managed to make their pieces capture both essences.

Ahhh,  Bloom, you've stolen my heart! ;)






1 comment: