Friday, March 30, 2012

Yogibo {Review & Giveaway}

You can see this review at A Frog in My Soup, where I am the Product Review Coordinator.  Yogibo has kindly offered to run a review and giveaway on both AFIMS and Stuff Mom Loves.  Enjoy! :)
I don't even know where to begin with this review.  The Yogibo Max has literally become the most sought after, fought over, adored piece of furniture in our home.  By everyone.  Even the dog and cat.  I was given the Yogibo about a month ago to review, and I honestly haven't sat on my couch since.  It's seriously that good.

I have been thinking about what I wanted to write about this amazing company for days now.  I even told my husband last night that I had no idea how I was going to express just how much I LOVE the Yogibo, so I thought I would just share a few stories about how our family has used the Yogibo and give you a little background information on the company.

If you live in New England you may have already heard of Yogibo.  The company began in 2009 in New Hampshire, with their first concept store opening in Massachusetts shortly after.  Now, there are stores in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Connecticut and more are popping up all the time! These lounge bags ("don't call it a bean bag - you'll hurt it's feelings")are so incredibly versatile, it's near impossible to tell you about all the uses.

It is essentially a couch.  But more comfortable.  My favorite use for it is to cuddle my kids and relax in the living room.  We read books on it, play games on it, watch TV on it, and yes, my kids jump on to it from the couches.  In fact, that's the only time they use the couches too.  I can be extremely comfortable on the Yogi Max with my 4 year old, 2 year old (almost!), my dog and my cat.  I also love that the outer cover is removable.  You can wash it and replace it, or keep a spare in one of the 14 colors that it comes in. The beads that fill the bags are non-porous, so if you spill  something, just wash the cover, let the bag air dry, put it back on, and forget about it.  The beads will not absorb it and start smelling your basement circa 1980.  I have used this as a bed during nap time, a recliner while reading, and a chair while watching television.




My husband had to have a disc-ectomy last year.  At the ripe old age of 28, he had to have a piece of a disc in his back removed because he was having such chronic pain.  He still has trouble getting comfortable when he is sitting or laying - until we got the Yogibo.  As a matter of fact, the night after I brought it home, I ran out to run an errand after we put the kids to sleep.  When I got home, the Yogibo was not in my living room, instead it was on my bed.  With my husband in it.  Playing his xbox.  (Didn't I mention that it is literally more comfortable than my bed!)

Yogibos are showing up in playrooms, living rooms, classrooms, and dorm rooms.  I know that if I was still teaching I would want to have many of these in my classroom, especially because of the benefits it could provide to a child with a sensory disorder.    It has also been recommended by chiropractors because of the way it conforms to your body.  Because of this, and the substantial support it gives you, a pregnant women can lay in this, on her belly! Don't believe me?  Check out this video?



In addition to the absolutely fantastic Yogi line, you can also find out more about the ooka Outdoor Series, Yogi Baby, and soon, aqua Yogi by visiting Yogibo's website.  Wouldn't the outdoor series be an amazing Mother's Day or Father's Day gift?! If you live near a store, be sure to stop by and check things out!  It's honestly better than any playground I've every taken my kids to. ;)  Here's my little P man in the newest store in Danbury, CT.



If you are concerned that you don't live in the New England area but you are aching to get your hands on one of these, don't fret.  First of all, you can check out all of the styles and shapes Yogibo has to offer and purchase them in their online store.  Second of all, you can enter right her, right now, to win a $50 gift certificate to buy your own little piece of Cloud 9.  Still not happy?  Then head over to A Frog in My Soup where you can also see this review and enter to win yet another $50 gift card!  Once you have "liked" Yogibo on Facebook, you can find out how to win a THIRD gift certificate! Pretty sweet deal!

So, here you go! Happy Entering!!

(Disclosure:  Yogibo provided me with the Yogi Max to review.  All opinions expressed in the post are honest and my own.  I was not compensated in any other way.)

a Rafflecopter giveaway

14 comments:

  1. My 3 toddlers would love this to sit in while watching a movie.
    dmb161@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post, and info! great for limited space rooms!! I hope I win!!!

    Carrie Funk
    funkcarrie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would use this in the living room for reading or watching TV. There is not a single comfortable place to sit in there right now!
    murphykatt[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd use this with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would use this for watching tv, when the couch just doesn't cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would probably stick it in a dark corner of my house and use it for Sunday afternoon naps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd give it to my husband

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would use it in my living room for watching tv or movies
    robinlscott4 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my son would love one in his room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This IS cool :)

    rodriguezlibby (at) ymail . com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops - I was supposed to tell you how I would use it(!) Son's room!

      Delete
  11. I would use this when watching tv with my kids :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would put this in our basement living room...our nieces and nephews would love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd use my yogibo to read books with my daughter. Being 7 months pregnant, I need some support! ;-)

    ReplyDelete