Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blogpress for the iPhone

I use my cell phone for EVERYTHING. I keep my to-do lists on it, I check my email, my Facebook page, my Twitter account, my bank account, and my calendar. I shop from my phone - a lot - (shhh, don't tell my husband...he might take my phone away!). I think that the thing I use my phone for least, is making phone calls.

Lately I feel like I never get a chance to get on my laptop, and therefore I don't get to write here as often as I'd like. Plus, all of my pictures that I want to share are usually on my phone anyway.

I decided that it was time to figure out what app I could use to publish my blog on the go, and Blogpress is the way I went. As a matter of fact, I'm using it now!

I am only just learning how to use the app, although it is pretty straight forward. Here are my initial reactions...

It is super frustrating that there doesn't appear to be a spell check, and we all know the iPhone's auto-correct can NOT be trusted. (Don't believe me?? Check out www.damnyouautocorrect.com. Hilarious!)

You can insert pictures super easily. Just one tap and you are in your photo album. Just like this...




Here's P at the local aquarium over the weekend. (Right as we left the aquarium the wonderful blizzard that hit New England this weekend began. That was fun.)

Back to Blogpress.

You can edit with HTML. Great for people who know how to do that. And easy enough for people like me who wouldn't normally try.

Easy to change fonts.

Easy to manage your blog. You can save and delete posts. You can preview your posts before you publish them, and you can even save your drafts locally or online.

So far I'm thinking this app was worth every penny of the $2.99 it cost. (It is on sale right now...normally it is $4.99.).

Hopefully this app will help me to keep updating regularly!

Do you use an app to publish your blog? Does it work with Blogger? Let me know! I'd love to try them out. :)








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment