On November 3rd, more than a month and a half from Christmas, I took the kids to see
Santa.

Yup, he was already there. Sitting in the center court of the mall. And today, he had a line forming! And there were über cheery people dancing and singing with Rudolph!
So as you can tell from our pic, P was really digging Santa. Bean, on the other hand, did NOT want to be near him! Regardless, I was able to get this picture, with both kids, looking at the camera. That works for me.
I've probably mentioned that I love to stock presents away for the holidays during the year. If I see something cool or a really good deal, I'll grab it and put it away. It really helps me to manage the cost of the holidays. As of a week or two ago, I was already done with my shopping for the kids. Everything that P had been begging for over the past three or four months I was able to get without going over my budget and I was sooooo excited about it!
So, when P started to tell Santa what he wanted, I was all ready to pat myself on the back and give myself some "mom of the year" points. ;). P asked Santa for 3 things. Of those three things, I bought 0.
Ughhhh. P was walking around telling anyone who would listen that Santa said he would bring them these things. (Thanks, Santa. You better hope I don't find out where you live! ;))
What did this major sucker do, you ask? I bought the stuff he asked for. With the exception of the web shooting toy that I told Aunt Christine about. Thank goodness for my bestie!!! She will be saving the day again!
Meanwhile, I'm just grateful that bean can't talk, and I'm thinking I better revise my strategy for next year. :/
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone






Just call me Santa's little helper :)
ReplyDelete