Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How I Keep My Babies With Me All the Time

If you are a parent, you know that the hardest thing in the world to do is to leave your children.  Even when I am at the end of my rope, and feel like I can't handle another minute, I still love my kids more than I ever knew I could love.  Even when I wait for my husband to get home so I can dash out the door and have 20 minutes of peace at the grocery store, the second I am alone in my car, I miss my babies.

Right before P was born, my husband gave me a super sweet gift.  You see, he has this tradition of leaving a Tiffany box in the tree every Christmas.  (I know, he is amazing. :) )  We hadn't shared P's name with anyone, but we had decided what it would be, and so he gave me this Letter Lock Charm.



 

I am crazy about this necklace!  Of course, since then he has given me a C for Bean's name, but they both hang on the necklace together and I really love how they look.  I get tons of compliments on them and pretty much wear it everywhere, everyday.  It might sound silly, but having these charms that represent my children makes me feel like I always have them close.  Plus, they are super unique.  There are definitely some designs from Tiffany & Co. that I think are way over used.  I get that having a recognizable symbol is important for some people, but I prefer to have something a little out of the ordinary.

Well, the newTiffany catalogue arrived the other day, and now I have my eye on another way to keep my kids close to my heart...check these out.  (Psssst, hubby, hiiinnnntttt ;) ).



I love how classy and simple these pendants are.  They come in gold as well, which is REALLY pretty, but since I need two, if I want to stand a chance of getting these, I should probably ask for silver.  (Ahem, hint, ahem).

So I'm curious, what's on your holiday list?  Or better yet, what is on your child's holiday list?  (P of course has a list of about 4,000 things.  If there is a commercial for it, he wants it.  I think he thinks that Santa is rich.  Sorry, P.  Not the case. ;) )

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the necklace charms you have for P and Bean now. I look at it everytime I see you wearing it and I even catch you touching it and smiling. I know how happy it makes you to think about them so I know these are special pieces. I like the new charms however I don't love them as much as the ones you have now. I like the uniqueness of the ones you have and love how it looks like a lock so they are safely locked in your heart :)

    I think the new ones are pretty but I have a charm similar looking from years ago. I think they are traditional looking however for necklaces I like something that will be different and stand out. I agree with you about the unique, different factor of pieces and I love how Tiffany's catches that with some of their pieces. My infinity cross from them always gets attention and people comment on how they love it all the time.

    ReplyDelete