Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Heart the Town & Country

This is the first time that I have announced it publicly, but I am now the proud,  slightly embarrassed, owner of a - wait for it - minivan.  I was so conflicted about the decision to leave behind my twenty-something-I'm-still-kinda-cool persona to dive head first into the soccer mom thing, but in the words of my husband, "you have two kids...who do you think you're kidding?"  (Nice, honey.  Very nice.)

So anyway, this weekend was the first time that we packed the kids, the dog, and about half of the toys in our house, into the minivan for a long weekend away, and let me tell you, that car is heaven.  I'm ready to fully declare my love.  I spend the long, 4 hour drive home yesterday, in the 3rd row, horizontal, and out like a light, while my children watched movies and my husband drove.  LOVE it.

Not to mention the stow-and-go.  Who knew there was so much wasted space in a car!  I had both the kids suitcases stored underneath their seats, along with a pillow pet, a sleeping bag, and two headrests that we took off of the bucket seats where the kids sit.

The dog slept between the kids' bucket seats, and for the most part didn't bother anyone.  The kids watched their movies, napped, and for the most part - didn't bother anyone.  I slept, and definitely didn't bother anyone.  Except maybe my husband, who might have been a little jealous, but come on now, my 5 foot frame laying in the back row is a lot more comfortable than his 6'1" frame trying to do it.  He wouldn't have liked it anyway. ;)

So anyway, there you have it.  I heart my minivan.  Love being up high, love that the doors open by themselves, love that on a road trip we all have plenty of space to relax, and love the storage.  I admit it.  I'm a soccer mom.  All the way.  And it's fabulous. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yippee!!! So glad you love the car! I guess at one point we have to give in and try something new. I can't wait to go crusing around the neighborhood in it with you and the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting one before Will arrives and I can't wait. There's no way 3 kids are going to fit in a Pacifica with all those car seats and diaper bags. :)

    ReplyDelete