Sooooo, much to my surprise (& joy!!) I received an email from the Walt Disney World Moms Panel on Saturday congratulating me on making it to round two of the application process! I literally jumped up and down when I read the email! (Not so cute anymore...just sayin'.)
I wasn't expecting to hear anything. I mean, they accepted 20,000 applications. I kinda figured that the odds were stacked against me. They also said that they would be making decisions the second week of November. (I had it circled on my calendar!) So when I got the email I was in shock - and then the nerves set in. Now not only would I have to answer more essay questions, but I would have to submit a 60 second video of myself talking about a topic of their choice! Eeek!!! The email said that I would need to log back in to the application site on Monday morning (today) and then I would find out what the essay questions were and what the video topic was. Needless to say, I spent all weekend thinking about what the questions could be, learning how to work the web cam, ipad cam, iphone cam, etc., and figuring out what to wear in the video.
I seriously contemplated setting up a Disney shrine. I figured I'd wear a Disney shirt, with Disney jewelery, and a pair (or two) of Mickey ears. I thought I'd sit in front of a shelf full of Disney knick knacks, play some Disney music in the background, and then beg for a position on the panel. In the end, my husband talked some sense into me and I tried to just be myself and let the panel judges see my love and knowledge of WDW and the Disney Vacation Club.
Now, I play the waiting game again. I am being cautiously optimistic. I did the best I could. I would absolutely LOVE to be a part of the panel, but I know that there are lots and lots of other qualified and deserving people out there who also made it to Round 2. So, that being said, please send some pixie dust my way! I kind of NEED to be a part of the panel. Really, I do. I can feel it in my blood. Maybe if I make it, I can stop annoying people at swim class, and on the grocery line, and at all of the other places where I decide I should tell people why they should love Disney as much as I do. :) ***Fingers and toes crossed***






You got my vote! Sending massive amounts of pixie dust your way as well as having my fingers and toes crossed ! xoxo
ReplyDeleteSending LOTS of pixie dust your way girlfriend! I must have missed your first post about this, but what do you get to do if you are on the panel? Well...you are one of the most deserving Disney Moms I know. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Chris!! xo
ReplyDeleteJen - It is a panel of moms who volunteer to answer questions about planning Disney vacations. (Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, etc.) There are sooooo many people who apply so it's highly unlikely that I'll make it any further, but I am so happy that I even made it to round two! :) I loooooveee sharing my passion for all things Disney, so doing it in an official capacity would be awesome! Plus, you get to go to Disney for training ;) Never a bad thing!
Jen - I forgot to say THANK YOU!!!! :) I need all the Pixie Dust I can get!! :)
ReplyDelete