Thursday, October 13, 2011

ShopRunner



A few months ago, drugstore.com had a FABULOUS deal on diapers.  Of course, like most sites, the price of shipping was literally more than the price of the diapers.  At the time, a company called ShopRunner was offering a free month trial of their service through drugstore.com.  For that month, I received free two-day shipping on any of my purchases from select vendors.  I signed up because I wanted those diapers, and I wanted them cheap!  Of course, I checked out the other companies that worked with them, but at the time I really didn't feel like I needed to spend $79/year to keep that benefit.

I actually wonder about this often while I'm pressing the "Buy Now with 1-Click" button on Amazon.  Why don't more companies offer free shipping?  I would be much more inclined to shop with them if they did.  I purchase something from Amazon at LEAST once a week...usually it's more like 3 or 4 times a week, because I know I will get it in two days and won't have to pay shipping.  Honestly, even if it's a little more pricey than my local store, I'll still buy it from Amazon because it means that I don't have to pack up the kids, get myself dressed, and shlep to the store.

Anyway, I got off track.  My point was, that while I loved the IDEA of ShopRunner, I did not like the price, and I cancelled my membership as soon as my free trial expired. 

Today, I got an email from ShopRunner asking me to "come back!" and they would take care of my 1st years membership costs.  Sweet!  Just in time for the holidays! 

What do you think about ShopRunner and their pricing?  Would you join for $79?  One of the stores that participates is Babies R Us.  Their shipping is always astronomical, and SUPER slow, so that is intriguing, but honestly if I spend $80 for a shipping service, my husband might have something to say...

So, here's what I'm going to do...  I'm going to keep track of what I order using ShopRunner, and then I'm going to see if the price is really worth it for me.  ShopRunner is making it easy for me.  They have a little tool right on their homepage that will tell me how much money and time I save.  Ha!  Right...saving time...not sure about that one, but we'll see! 




In the meantime, I encourage you to try them out with a free trial...maybe they'll ask you back too! :)  Here's an invite!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment