Monday, October 17, 2011

New Parent in NYC

I spent this weekend in my old stomping grounds of NYC, however, I must tell you times have changed.

I spent Saturday night out in Times Square until 11:30 pm. 
I used to go out around then.

I spent Saturday night out in Times Square.  At the Disney Store.
Not where I used to hang.  Just sayin'.

I spent all day Saturday on my feet.  In my leopard ballet flats.  And my feet hurt.  A LOT.
I used to wear shoes like these.  All the time.  My feet were dandy.



I cabbed it.  Whenever possible.
Never had money for that.  Big improvement.  HUGE.


Yes, things have changed.  I wasn't there to party, I was there for the New Parent Expo, but honestly, I had a fabulous time!  I couldn't have spent my time with better friends, I ate great food, I slept in a big comfy bed - alone, (Never considered that a luxury pre-kids. ;) ) and I met all kinds of wonderful people!  I even scored some swag.  Awesome stuff.  Pacis, blocks, & stroller accessories.  (Again, not quite my old definition of swag, but I am super excited about it all!)

I missed my little lovies like crazy cakes, but I truly enjoyed my weekend, and am still recovering.  Oh my, things are not the same, but I am learning to appreciate every little change because the time is flying by, and I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment